Thursday, October 29, 2009

Running

I've been taking running classes since late spring, and am currently in my third class. Of the women in my group I'm the biggest, and the slowest...but I show up and do my best. I've improved quite a bit and don't huff and puff nearly as much as I did in the beginning. I don't like running while I'm doing it it but I usually feel great afterwards...the whole endorphin high I guess. I also don't tend to lose weight while in the classes, but always lose once I take a break...I guess I eat more because running does tend to increase appetite. The last couple of weeks I went to the mid week social fun run. Most of the people who show up are your serious hard core types who run 4-8 miles in the time it takes me to 2-3 miles. I was most certainly the only person over 200lbs! As it happens a store employee tends to run with the slowest...which is me...so it's like free coaching! I feel a little bit like a fraud among the super in shape, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere and everybody is nice. I will continue to run up until my goal race in December and then, well we'll see! Halloween is this weekend and my costume is going to be a race runner complete with my race number from my last 5K. I'm sure some people will think it's funny but I'll know the truth...that I'm just being cheap as I didn't want to have to bother with the time and expense of a real costume! :)

No comments: